In a team-building workshop last week, we discussed that in order to build a great team; you’ll need to hire great people.
You are not really hiring great people. You’re actually attracting great people.
It’s marketing. Not hiring.
In order to attract great people, you have to know where you’re taking your business. You’ve got to enroll and inspire people in your vision.
One of the business owners in the room realized that before he could begin hiring, he needed to clarify and expand his vision.
If he is going to be able to hire great people, he needed a vision that would enroll and inspire his people.
How do you actually set your future? How do you actually set your vision?
Here are a few tips.
From Stephen Covey, “Start with the end in mind”. Where do you want to go? When is your business going to be finished? What does it look like then?
Dream a little. Think big, carry around a notebook with you; make notes of what you would like your business to become.
Get some pictures in your head of what your business looks like. Hear what your business sounds like. Feel the air when you walk into your business.
• Ideally, what is it that you want?
• What do you want out of life?
• What do you want your business to provide for your life?
Remember that your vision must enroll and inspire people. It’s not only going to enroll and inspire your team, but it’s also going to enroll and inspire your vendors, and your customers.
Your vision should be big. It should focus on one hundred years from now. What do you want people to say about you?
It’s almost unattainable. Think about the action coach vision, “World abundance through business reeducation.”
That’s what we’re all about here. Creating world abundance through reeducating business owners and their teams.
That enrolls and inspires me. Hopefully, it enrolls and inspires you.
• What do you want your legacy to be?
• What are your core values?
• What are the core values of your business?
• What’s your core purpose?
• What’s the core purpose of your business?
• What does your envisioned future look like?
• What words best describe your business?
• What qualities do you see in your business?
• What qualities would you like to see in your business?
• And what qualities would set your business apart from other businesses?
Key point: write it down.
Second Key Point: your vision must enroll and inspire.
Until next time…
All the best!
You’re Invited to Become A Foundational Member of our tribe: We Build EPIC Entrepreneurs.
The mission of the tribe is to “Help 10,000 Entrepreneurs build EPIC lives for themselves by learning better ways to make more money, build better teams, and make the time to do the things you went into business for in the first place.